Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Loubia Tripoli (Tripoli Black-Eyed Peas )


A neighbor of mine recently gave me several cans of black-eyed peas so I was wondering what to do with them.Then I remembered I had this recipe in my collection called Tripoli Black-Eyed Peas.I've had this recipe for several years but could never get around to making it so I figured now was as good a time as any.I don't know much about this recipe as I have it written down and there is no mention of it's source.I don't know if it comes from Tripoli in Libya or Tripoli in Lebanon.I'm not sure if it's even Middle Eastern as I've always associated black-eyed peas with the cuisine of the Southern USA.If anyone knows anything behind the history of this particular recipe and its origins, please let me know.
Servings:4
Ingredients:
1/2 small onion, thinly chopped
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
3c black eyed-peas(canned),drained and rinsed
1-1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 celery stalks,chopped
1/2c fresh cilantro
1/2 tsp. salt
black pepper
lemon wedges, to serve

1.In a large serving bowl, combine all the ingredients together and mix till evenly combined.
2.Serve with lemon wedges.
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment