For the spice rub:
1 small onion, coarsely chopped
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
2 garlic cloves, peeled, coarsely chopped
1 Tbsp. sea salt
1 tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. ground coriander
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. fenugreek seeds
3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1/3 c olive oil
1 (6-7lbs.) bone-in leg of lamb
1. To make the spice rub place all ingredients together in a food processor and blend till
evenly combined. Set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 400F.
3. Place the leg of lamb in a well oiled pan. Trim any visible fat and discard. With the tip
of a paring knife, make small slits throughout the lamb. Place a small spoonful of spice
inside each slit. Rub the remaining spice paste throughout the lamb.
4. You can cook the lamb right away or you can place it in the refrigerator and let it
marinade 4-6 hours.
5. When ready to cook,cover pan with aluminum foil, place the lamb in the oven and cook
cook for 4 1/2 hours. Baste with its own juices every 30 minutes.
6. After cooking, transfer lamb to a serving dish, let it rest 10 minutes before serving.