2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
2 pinches of salt
1 c chicken stock plus more if needed
2 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1/2 tbsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. saffron
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1c fresh pitted dates, roughly chopped
1/3 c fresh parsley leaves (opt.)
1. To make the stove top tagine, add the olive oil to a pot over medium heat. Add the onions and
garlic and saute until softened (about 10 minutes).
2. Add the salt, black pepper, saffron, cinnamon and ginger and stir well with the onions for about 2
minutes, until the onions are evenly coated.
3. Add the chicken breast pieces and continue stirring till evenly coated for about 10 minutes.
4. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Lower the heat,cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Add the chopped dates and parsley leaves(if using) and stir. Cover again and simmer for a further
20-30 minutes. If chicken becomes too dry add a little more stock.
6. Remove chicken from stove top and serve with couscous.