This exquisitely scented preserve is popular allover the Middle East where it is enjoyed spooned over bread or with ataif (Arab pancakes).
1 lb. fresh or dried organic rose petals
1 1/4 c water
2 c sugar
juice of 1 lemon
- Rinse rose petals gently then drain.
- Fill a saucepan with water and add the rose petals and bring to a boil.Remove rose petals from pan and set aside.
- Add the sugar to the saucepan and bring to a boil all the while stirring it.
- After boiling , reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice and the rose petals and simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes until it thickens.
- Remove from heat and let the preserve cool then spoon it into a glass jar.