Here's a simple chicken recipe using the persian spice mix, advieh. A recipe for advieh is available in the preceding post.You can serve this recipe with some steamed vegetables like carrots.
1 large 7-8lb. chicken
2 tsp. salt
1/2 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, mashed
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 c rice, rinsed
1 Tbsp. advieh
salt and pepper
1 c chicken broth or water
3 Tbsp. pistachio pieces
3 Tbsp. raisins
1/2 c chicken stock or water
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Clean and wash chicken and rub allover with salt.
- In a skillet, add the olive oil , then add the onions and garlic and stir till transluscent.Add rice, advieh,salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken broth or water and simmer for 20 minutes.Add pistachios and raisins and remove from heat.
- Stuff chicken with advieh stuffing.Place in an oven-proof dish.Add chicken stock or water and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours , basting occasionally.
- Serve hot with steamed vegetables of your choice.